Most Recent Posts

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Refreshing Summer Dinner

After the questionable insanity of completing a 3 mile run and 20 mile bike ride in 105 degree heat index, I needed a few essentials centralizing around re-hydration. A cool shower and a cold beer were the first two staples. After those were completed, I was able to think a little more clearly as to what was for dinner. I wanted to conjure up the most refreshing and replenishing light summer dish I could think of.

And I will say for myself that I holistically succeeded in the task at hand. 

Shrimp and Tilapia Salad

For this salad I basically scoured the fridge for every fresh veggie and herb I could find which included tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, jalapeno, mango, cilantro, and basil. Then I added some lime juice, a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, along with some cooked shrimp and tilapia (and kicked myself for not having any avocado on hand, but still delicious).



 I need to admit that I have had a bit of an obsession with strawberry shortcake lately. I mean, fresh strawberries, cake, and ice cream? If any of those things are wrong then I don't ever want to be right!

This was my dessert to top off the warm summer evening. Very simple. Just store bought shortcake, fresh strawberries and no sugar added blue bunny strawberry ice cream. Pretty perfect for about 200 calories!
 

The evening was concluded by me sitting on the deck, finishing my beer, and listening to some Jimmy Buffett while watching the sun set. All and all a pretty perfect ending to a hot summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment