Most Recent Posts

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Walmartified

I'm not one of those unflavored individuals who decides they don't like something and that is the end of it... I'd like to consider myself more open-minded, or flavorful, than that. So when I decide I don't like something, its not the final say but more of an opening in the doors of opportunity for me to try to like it... I mean,  I can't just be 100% sure I don't like it... I need to be 600-800% sure!

For example: Grits. They seem like something I need to like. They're a southern thing which I think is cool and you can eat them with either honey and sugar or hotsauce and salt (not many foods that deverse), and though I've tried them several times, several different ways, I just don't like them. I don't know if it the texture, that speaks for itself through the name, or the slight vomit flavor to them or the fact that you have to force feed them to yourself.  I just don't like them. Don't get me wrong though, I really want to like them! And you can bet your money that anytime I'm at a restaurant that serves them, that they're the first thing I order! And you can also bet your money that I will complain about them with every forceful bite!

So I also have an issue while grocery shopping. I call it being Walmartified.
Walmartified - (1) Pointlessly bumbling around aimlessly looking for nothing in particular, but obnoxiously fascinated by everything.
(2) Without brain function
-word's point of origin; me and everyone else while at Walmart
So now when I go grocery shopping without a list or a specific point of focus I quickly become completely walmartified and can bumble around the store unknowingly for hours. And if I see something I've never seen before such as "Grapples"(Grape flavors apples) then I might as well cancel the rest of my plans for the entire day because I will sit and stare at it for God only knows how long trying to decide if it is worth my $2. Then, of course, tossing it into the cart with the Diet Orange Cream soda and almond butter which I had spent the previous few hours blankly staring at before tossing them in.
So long story short; almonds are good, peanut butter is good, almond butter is not so good. Grapes are good, apples are good, Grapples (or Crapples, as I like to call them) are not so good. Although I don't like them, I've been choking them down together as a snack everyday for the past week, because they seem like something I should like and I aint no quitter! Regardless, next time I'm at Walmart I'm stocking up on both!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Wendi :) You know I never would have figured you as so deep on such a human level ) Nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete